Making Social Change Through Poetry
Welcome to our premiere episode of Beyond the Ceiling! We're excited to share stories about incredible women who are making the world a better place. Please support our bi-weekly series by subscribing on iTunes (even if you listen elsewhere), following us on Soundcloud, subscribing to our email list, and telling your friends about us!
Now, on to our first guest…
Charity Blackwell is a talented spoken word artist who uses her art to share personal stories and experiences to make real change in the world.
In our inaugural episode, she shares with us:
- How art and poetry can make social change
- Why research is integral to her art
- How attending a women's college helped shape her
- How you can get involved in the spoken word movement
To learn more about Charity Blackwell or to get in contact with her, check out her blog at charityjoyceblackwell.wordpress.com.
We also have some bonus content this week! Listen to Charity perform for us (please note the trigger warning for sexual violence and assault). Also, check out some photos from Charity's spoken word performance at our DC launch party.
Thank you for listening to Beyond the Ceiling. We hope you continue to follow our series as we talk to many more inspiring women over the course of the season.
- Click here to subscribe to the show on iTunes.
- Click here to subscribe to the show via RSS (non-iTunes feed).
- Click here to follow us on SoundCloud.
- Click here to find us on Blubrry.
Please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show tremendously, including our ability to bring on more incredible guests. Thank you!